The Council is the 21-member governing body and board of directors that manages and administers College affairs. The policies developed by Council provide direction to the College and to staff.
December 4, 2019
- Lise Betteridge, RSW, Registrar, and Laura Sheehan, Deputy Registrar, presented their report to Council. The report provided updates on: registration and membership; digital communications, including website and Online Register metrics; outreach initiatives, including employer outreach campaign and public awareness campaigns; the Employer Communiqué and Perspective publications; the Educational Forums in Sault Ste. Marie and Ottawa; professional practice support and outreach; the Continuing Competence Program (CCP); upcoming Council elections; complaints and discipline; operations; and College priorities for 2019-20.
- Council reviewed the Statement of Financial Position as of September 30, 2019.
- Council reviewed the Statement of Operations for September 2019.
- Debbie Tarshis of WeirFoulds LLP reviewed amendments to Bylaw No. 1: General Bylaw, which were approved by Council.
- Council approved the 2020 Budget and Workplan.
- Council discussed the strategic planning process, set to begin in 2020.
- Council approved the appointment of Crowe Soberman LLP as the College’s auditors for the year ending December 31, 2019.
- Council reviewed and approved proposed revisions to the Per Diem and Expense Policy for elected members.
- Reports were received from the following statutory committees: Executive; Complaints; Discipline; Registration Appeals; and Fitness to Practise.
- Reports were received from the following non-statutory committees: Standards of Practice; Election; Nominating; Finance; Governance; Corporations; and Titles and Designations.