Chair: Sanjay Govindaraj, RSW
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Committee was created in 2022, following the dissolution of the DEI Task Group. The mandate of the DEI Committee is to consider and make recommendations to Council on:
- The potential for, and/or existence of, systemic and structural racism, discrimination and/or bias within the College’s statutory, regulatory and governance policies and processes.
- Strategies (including revisions to bylaws, standards, guidelines and policies) to address any identified issues.
- An approach to meaningful engagement with Indigenous communities to implement the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada’s calls to action within the regulatory sector.
- The enhancement of educational resources to support College registrants in practising ethically and professionally, with a focus on considerations related to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- The DEI Committee was created as part of the non-statutory committees, to give effect to recommendations from the Governance Report. Recommendations 16 and 18 were referred to the newly created Committee with a request for expedited decisions/recommendations for Council’s consideration.