From time to time, the College posts links to research projects which may be of interest to registrants. Registrants may wish to consider these opportunities as part of their Continuing Competence Program (CCP).
In order to be included on this page, research must:
- Be directly related to social work and/or social service work practice and/or regulation.
- Contribute to ethical and professional practice.
- Relate directly or indirectly to the mandate of the College.
- Build upon the knowledge base of the social work and/or social service work professions.
- Have received ethics board approval.
- Be conducted under the auspices of an employer, an accredited university or other organization satisfactory to the Registrar.
Disclaimer: The College provides these links only as a convenience. The College does not sponsor or endorse, and is not affiliated or associated with any of the research related to these links. See the College’s Terms and Conditions for more information. The Registrar may, in the Registrar’s sole discretion, deny a request to post a research link.
Current Research Opportunities
Research study: Social Workers’ Experiences in Interprofessional Collaborative Practice within Northern Ontario Healthcare Settings.
Researcher: Jennifer Bailey HBSW, RSW
Description: The purpose of this study is to construct an understanding of the experiences in interprofessional collaborative practice in both educational and professional settings and support social workers to develop and maintain competency for interprofessional collaborative practice. The purpose and goals of this work seeks to contribute to the practice of social work and is being conducted under supervision of Laurentian University as part of my requirements to obtain a MSW. It has received approval from the Research Ethics Board at Laurentian University.
For more information: http://www.ocswssw.org/wp-content/uploads/Recruitment-Poster.Bailey.pdf.
If you have a question regarding one or more of the above research opportunities, please contact the appropriate researcher(s). If you are a researcher and would like to post your project on this webpage, please contact the College’s Director of Professional Practice, Christina Van Sickle, RSW, at firstname.lastname@example.org.