The Council is the 21-member governing body and board of directors that manages and administers College affairs. The policies developed by Council provide direction to the College and to staff.
May 6, 2021
- Mukesh Kowlessar, RSSW, President, provided his report to Council.
- Lise Betteridge, RSW, Registrar and CEO, presented her report to Council. The report provided updates under each strategic priority in the College’s 2020-2023 Strategic Plan and included information about the following: the Professional Practice Department, ongoing practice consultations and an update on the Continuing Competence Program; the upcoming 2021 Annual Meeting and Education Day for members; the College’s ongoing communications initiatives including its member newsletter Perspective, the College website and social media platforms as well as its public and employer campaigns; registration and membership updates; government relations, including ongoing engagement with the Ministry; election of members in Electoral District No. 4; the Complaints and Discipline Department, including the College’s newly launched online complaints form; and an update on the College’s multi-year records management initiative.
- Council reviewed the Statement of Financial Position as of February 2021.
- Council reviewed the Statement of Operations for February 2021.
- Council received the 2020 audited financial statements, as approved by the Executive Committee.
- Council approved the recommendation of the Finance Committee that there be no increase to registration and member fees in 2022.
- Council discussed next steps in relation to the ASWB entry-to-practice exams, including a facilitated discussion at the September Council meeting.
- Council did not approve the application from the Mental Health and Addiction Worker Program at Canadore College to be equivalent to a social service work program offered in an Ontario college of applied arts and technology as they did not provide additional information requested by Council.
- Reports were received from the following statutory committees: Executive; Complaints; Discipline; Registration Appeals; and Fitness to Practise.
- Council reviewed and approved revisions made to Policy B-028: Council Evaluation Policy and Evaluation Template.
- Council received an update regarding the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Group, including the selection process for non-Council members of the College who submit expressions of interest.
- Reports were received from the following non-statutory committees: Standards of Practice; Election; Nominating; Finance; Governance; Corporations; and Titles and Designations.