The Council is the 21-member governing body and board of directors that manages and administers College affairs. The policies developed by Council provide direction to the College and to staff.
March 3, 2021
- Toula Kourgiantakis, RSW, President, provided her report to Council.
- Lise Betteridge, RSW, Registrar and CEO, presented her report to Council. The report provided updates under each strategic priority in the College’s 2020-2023 Strategic Plan and included information about the following: the Professional Practice Department and ongoing practice support for members, including recent presentations/webinars as well as the College’s Continuing Competence Program; an update on the 2021 Annual Meeting and Education Day for members; the College’s ongoing stakeholder engagement and communications initiatives including website and social media analytics as well as its public and employer campaigns; the recent Employer Roundtable; the College’s newly launched online application process; government relations, including ongoing work on the regulation of CAS workers; the College’s ongoing IT strategy; Complaints and Discipline, including continued progress towards an online complaints process; and recruitment for the Deputy Registrar position.
- Dwight J. Hymans, Jennifer Henkel and Lavina Harless of the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) provided additional information regarding ASWB, and its plan to develop a French version of their entry-to-practice exams for social workers and a social service work exam in French and English.
- Council reviewed the Statement of Financial Position as of December 2020.
- Council reviewed the Statement of Operations for December 2020.
- Council received an update and overview of the College’s public awareness campaign.
- Reports were received from the following statutory committees: Executive; Complaints; Discipline; Registration Appeals; and Fitness to Practise.
- Reports were received from the following non-statutory committees: Standards of Practice; Election; Nominating; Finance; Governance; Corporations; and Titles and Designations.