As a member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers, your membership fee must be paid annually, by December 31. Keeping your membership current is important. It demonstrates your commitment to professional, ethical, qualified and accountable practice. It says something important about the professions of social work and social service work as a whole, and also about you as an individual practitioner.
The renewal season will commence in early November. The deadline to complete your membership renewal and payment for the year 2020 is December 31, 2019.
Members can renew their membership and pay their annual fee through the College’s online member services at ocswssw.org/members/members_info.
Renew your membership online
To renew your membership online, follow these easy steps:
- Log in using your User ID (your OCSWSSW registration number) and your password.
- Go to “My Profile” to confirm that your personal information is accurate and up to date.
- Click on the “Renewals” link on the top left-hand side of your screen and select “2020 renewal” to complete the annual renewal of registration form and payment.
For more information regarding your membership renewal, please refer to the Guide for Online Services on the College website.
Tax receipts and member cards available online
The College would like to remind members that tax receipts and member cards are available online following payment of the annual renewal fee.
To access your tax receipt and member card, please follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Online Member Services.
- Click the “Renewals” menu, “History” section.
- From the Membership Renewal History grid, click on the “Membership card and tax receipt” of the selected Membership Year to open a PDF file that you can print, save or send by email.
2020 College fees
The 2020 fees are as follows:
|Annual renewal fee for College members||$360.00|
|Registration fee for new members||$360.00 + $100.00 application fee|
|New graduate registration fee
* You are eligible for this reduced fee, provided you apply for registration no later than December 31 of the year in which you graduate. You are then eligible for the reduced fee for the two subsequent years.
|$260.00 + $100.00 application fee|
|Inactive category of membership fee||$180.00|
|Annual fee for retired class||$50.00|
For more information on the College’s 2020 fees, please visit ocswssw.org/members/2020-college-fees.
Remember: Only professionals registered with the College are allowed to use the titles “social worker,” “registered social worker,” “social service worker” or “registered social service worker.”
Questions about the annual fees can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-972-9882 or 1-877-828-9380 (toll free):
- Paul Cucci, Membership Manager, ext. 202
- Anne Vézina, Membership Administrator (bilingual), ext. 211