I recently changed my name. Do I have to notify the College?

Yes. If you are changing your name, you must advise the College of both your former name(s) and your new name(s) in writing and include a copy of the change of name certificate or marriage certificate for our records. You may send the information via fax to 416-972-1512, by email to info@ocswssw.org or mail to our address, attention Membership Department.

Please note that name changes cannot be processed online.

If disclosure of your business address(es) and business telephone number(s) may jeopardize your safety, please advise the Registrar in writing. The Registrar will assess whether there is a basis for this information not to be made available to the public. In addition, if you use a pseudonym in your practice of social work or social service work for personal safety, please advise the Registrar in writing. In both cases, provide written details. Please do not forget to indicate your registration number on all correspondence with the College.

Please be aware that the name listed on the Public Register must be the name that you are using in the course of practising the profession. It is an act of professional misconduct to use a name in the course of practising the profession other than the name set out in the Public Register.

For further information, please contact the College’s Membership Department at info@ocswssw.org.