The Council is the 21-member governing body and board of directors that manages and administers College affairs. The policies developed by Council provide direction to the College and to staff.
May 10, 2018
- Shelley Hale, RSSW, President, provided her report to Council.
- Lise Betteridge, RSW, Registrar, and Laura Sheehan, Deputy Registrar, presented their report to Council. The report provided updates on: the College’s employer outreach campaign and associated increase in website traffic; the upcoming Employer Roundtables; the 2018 Annual Meeting and Education Day; the College’s ongoing stakeholder outreach including meetings with the Ontario Deans and Directors, the Ontario Social Service Work Coordinators and the Ontario Association of Social Workers; the recently published Annual Report; an overview of the proclamation of the Child, Youth and Family Services Act and the College’s recent eBulletin; membership and registration updates including the College’s retention initiatives; and the College’s ongoing database upgrade process.
- Council reviewed the Statement of Financial Position and Statement of Operations for March 2018, as well as the 2017 Audited Financial Statements.
- Reports were received from the following statutory committees: Executive; Complaints; Discipline; Registration Appeals and Fitness to Practise.
- Council reviewed recommendations from the Finance Committee regarding membership fees for 2019; these recommendations were approved by Council.
- The Registrar provided an update regarding the Association of Social Work Boards’ Strategy to Address Mobility.
- Reports were received from the following non-statutory committees: Standards of Practice; Election; Nominating; Finance; Governance; Corporations; and Titles and Designations.
- Council reviewed and approved revisions made to Policy B-011 – Role Description: Non-Council Committee Member, Policy B-023 – Committee Reports to Council, Policy B-024 – Committees and Task Groups Policy, Policy B-026 – Policy Development Process and Policy B-027 – Council Member Attendance at Conferences and Workshops, proposed by the Governance Committee.