The Council is the 21-member governing body and board of directors that manages and administers College affairs. The policies developed by Council provide direction to the College and to staff.
December 8, 2017
- Lise Betteridge, RSW, Registrar, and Laura Sheehan, Deputy Registrar, presented their report to Council. The report provided updates on the College website and social media; employer outreach campaign, including the employer roundtables and launch of the inaugural Employer Communiqué; Registration Regulation; membership and registration; and database upgrade.
- Council reviewed the Statement of Financial Position and Statement of Operations for October 2017.
- Council reviewed and approved the Registration Policy of the College Regarding Academic Qualifications and Practice Experience Substantially Equivalent to a Degree in Social Work.
- Council reviewed and approved the 2018 Budget and Work Plan.
- The Registrar provided an update regarding the regulation of psychotherapy.
- Reports were received from the following statutory committees: Executive; Complaints; Discipline; Registration Appeals; and Fitness to Practise.
- The Registrar provided an update on the professional development plan for Council for 2017/18.
- Reports were received from the following non-statutory committees: Standards of Practice; Election; Nominating; Finance; Governance; Corporations; and Titles and Designations.
- Council reviewed and approved an application from the Community Worker Outreach and Development (CWOD) Program at Sheridan College as equivalent to a social service work program offered in Ontario at a college of applied arts and technology.
- Council member Frances Keogh, RSW presented her professional development report on board member training provided by ASWB.
- Council reviewed and approved draft Bylaw No. 104, which amends Bylaw No. 1 – General Bylaw.
- Council reviewed and approved draft Bylaw No. 105, which amends Bylaw No. 21 – Statutory Committees Bylaw.
- Council reviewed and approved draft Bylaw No. 106, which amends Bylaw No. 36 – Election Bylaw.
- Council reviewed and approved draft Bylaw No. 107, which amends Bylaw No. 66 – Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice Bylaw.
- Council reviewed and approved draft Bylaw No. 108, which amends and replaces Bylaw No. 66 and passed a resolution approving the Practice Guidelines for Performing the Controlled Act of Psychotherapy.