General Registration Fees
Registration Fee – $360.00
Application Fee** – $100.00
Total Amount – $460.00
Registration Fees for new graduates from a social work or social service work program
Registration Fee* – $260.00
Application Fee** – $100.00
Total Amount – $360.00
* The registration fee for graduates of social work or social service work programs who apply for registration in the College no later than December 31 of the year in which they graduate.
Note: the application must be received by the College on or before December 31 of that year.
New Graduates: You are eligible for a $100 membership fee exemption for the first two years of membership immediately following registration if your application for registration is received by the College no later than December 31st of the year you obtain your social work degree or social service worker diploma. If you fail to pay the annual fee prior to the date on which the late penalty is effective in the first year of membership, you may not be eligible for the exemption in the subsequent year. This new graduate fee exemption also applies to those graduating with a Certificate in Social Work Practice from the Internationally Educated Social Work Professionals Program at Ryerson University.
General Fee Information for All Applicants:
- The College membership year is January 1 – December 31.
- All fees must be paid in full and submitted as part of the application for registration process.
- If you are applying to be a registered social worker and a registered social service worker, a non-refundable application fee of $100 is required for each application. However, only one registration fee is required for both applications.
- If you decide to withdraw your application for registration or if the Registrar proposes to refuse to issue a certificate of registration to you, you will receive a full refund of the registration fee, if applicable. The application fee is non-refundable.
- Applicants are responsible for payment of fees to third-party providers, if applicable, such as credential evaluation assessments and/or translation services.
- The College doesn’t offer an instalment plan for payment of fees submitted as part of the application for registration process.
- A charge of $25 will be levied on each cheque/credit card payment not honoured.
- If the Registrar issues a certificate of registration to you between April 1 and December 31, the College will pro-rate the registration fee based on a quarterly calculation. A refund, if owing, will be processed once you receive the certificate of registration.
Method of Payment:
- ONLINE APPLICATIONS: If submitting your application for registration through the online portal, payment must be made by Visa or Mastercard. Payment by debit card including Visa Debit or Mastercard Debit is not accepted.
- PAPER-BASED APPLICATIONS: Payment may be made by Visa or Mastercard, cheque or money order payable to the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW). Payment by debit card including Visa Debit and Mastercard Debit is not accepted. Please note: Once your cheque is deposited, we wait 10-12 business days to ensure the cheque clears before proceeding with your paper-based application. As such, paying by cheque may delay the process.