General Registration Fees
Registration Fee – $360.00
Application Fee** – $100.00
Total Amount – $460.00
Registration Fees for new graduates from a social work or social service work program
Registration Fee* – $260.00
Application Fee** – $100.00
Total Amount – $360.00
Note: the application must be received by the College on or before December 31 of that year.
You are eligible for a $100 membership fee exemption for the first two years of membership immediately following registration if your application for registration is received by the College no later than December 31st of the year you obtain your degree or diploma. If you fail to pay the annual fee prior to the date on which the late penalty is effective in the first year of membership, you will not be eligible for the exemption in the subsequent year. This new graduate fee exemption also applies to those graduating with a Certificate in Social Work Practice from the Internationally Educated Social Work Professionals Program at Ryerson University.
- The College membership year is January 1 – December 31.
- Fees must be submitted with the application form.
- Payment may be made by Visa or MasterCard, cheque or money order payable to the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers. Please note: Once your cheque is deposited, we wait 10-12 business days to ensure the cheque clears before proceeding with your application. Payment by debit card including Visa Debit and Mastercard Debit is not accepted.
- Applicants are responsible for payment of fees to third-party providers, if applicable, such as credential evaluation assessments and/or translation services.
- Post-dated payment will not be accepted.
- The College doesn’t offer an instalment plan for payment of fees.
- A charge of $25 will be levied on each cheque/credit card payment not honoured.
- Although the registration process typically takes four to six weeks once the College has received all of the required documentation, paying by cheque may delay the process.
- If the Registrar issues a certificate of registration to you between April 1 and December 31, the College will pro-rate the registration fee based on a quarterly calculation. A refund, if owing, will be forwarded to you when you receive the certificate of registration and registration package.
- If you are applying to be a registered social worker and a registered social service worker, a non-refundable application fee of $100 is required for each application. However, only one registration fee is required for both applications.
- If you decide to withdraw your application form or if the Registrar proposes to refuse to issue a certificate of registration to you, you will receive a full refund of the registration fee, if applicable. The application fee is non-refundable.