Chair: Elayne Tanner, RSW
As part of its duty to serve and protect the public interest, the College is required to have a Registration Appeals Committee. The Committee reviews matters related to the registration of applicants in the College. If the Registrar proposes to refuse a certificate of registration to an applicant or proposes to place a term, condition or to issue a limitation on a member’s certificate of registration, to which the person does not consent, the applicant is given notice of the Registrar’s proposal, with written reasons for it. The applicant is notified that they have 60 days to request a review of the Registrar’s proposal. If the applicant requests a review, the Committee shall conduct the review.
In 2021, the Registration Appeals Committee received:
- Eighteen requests for review (17 social work; one social service work). The Committee reviewed 12 of these requests (11 social work; one social service work):
- Three decisions and reasons were issued.
- Seven decisions were approved in principle.
- One request was withdrawn.
- One request for an extension of time to request a review was granted.