2023-2024 Executive Committee
- John Fleming, Public Member – Council Chair
- Sanjay Govindaraj, RSW – Vice-Chair
- Carrie McEachran, Public Member – Executive Member
- Sue-Ellen Merritt, RSSW – Executive Member
- Elayne Tanner, RSW – Executive Member
- Madimba Tshibuabua, RSSW – Executive Member
The Executive Committee provides leadership to Council and facilitates its efficient and effective functioning. The Committee is authorized to exercise any power or perform any duty of the Council between meetings of Council, other than the power to make, amend or revoke a regulation or bylaw. In addition to acting on behalf of Council, the Committee receives and reviews reports from the investigation of mandatory reports concerning the conduct or actions of College members and makes referrals to the Discipline and Fitness to Practise Committees of the College. The Committee’s statutory mandate also includes the approval of the Registrar’s appointment of investigators.
In 2022, the Executive Committee considered and forwarded to Council many matters that are described in the achievements described elsewhere in this annual report.
Mandatory Reporting Statistics
- 25 new investigations were considered.
- 24 reports investigations were closed.
- Five written decisions and reasons were issued.
- The Executive Committee made 17 referrals to the Discipline Committee.
- The Executive Committee made two referrals to the Fitness to Practise Committee.