Chair: Sue-Ellen Merritt, RSSW
As part of its duty to serve and protect the public interest, the College is required to have a formal complaints process, which gives members of the public the ability to have their complaint about a College registrant’s conduct or actions submitted to the College’s Complaints Committee. This complaints process is designed to identify and address concerns about professional misconduct, incompetence and/or incapacity of College registrants. The process is also designed to ensure fairness to both the individual making the complaint and the registrant who is the subject of the complaint.
In 2022, the Complaints Committee:
- Considered 92 new complaint investigations.
- Closed 82 complaint investigations.
- Issued 78 written decisions and reasons.
- Delivered three personal attendance cautions.
- Made four referrals to the Discipline Committee.