Chair: Sue-Ellen Merritt, RSSW
As part of its duty to serve and protect the public interest, the College is required to have a formal complaints process, which gives members of the public the ability to have their complaint about a College member’s conduct or actions submitted to the College’s Complaints Committee. This complaints process is designed to identify and address concerns about professional misconduct, incompetence and/or incapacity of College members. The process is also designed to ensure fairness to both the individual making the complaint and the member who is the subject of the complaint.
In 2021, the Complaints Committee:
- Considered 60 new complaint investigations.
- Closed 61 complaint investigations.
- Issued 55 written decisions and reasons.
- Delivered three personal attendance cautions.
- Made five referrals to the Discipline Committee.