As you will have seen in a previous eBulletin, general registration for the College’s Annual Meeting and Education Day (AMED) is now open. This year’s AMED will be hosted entirely online on a virtual conference platform on Tuesday, June 13 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST.
What to expect at AMED 2023
At AMED, you will have the opportunity to attend, as part of this virtual event:
- the College’s Annual Meeting;
- the keynote address presented by Zelda la Grange, which will focus on the post-Apartheid South African journey towards truth, reconciliation and inclusion informed by her two decades of working closely with Nelson Mandela, and consider how this history applies to our own journey towards truth and reconciliation in Canada; and
- four educational sessions on a variety of topics relevant to the professions of social work and social service work that explore this year’s theme: Making the Connection: Professionalism, Accountability and Public Protection.
The AMED 2023 virtual portal will also allow you and other registrants to engage, interact, and participate during the live sessions.
By registering for AMED, you will:
- have access to view the Annual Meeting and the four educational sessions on-demand after the event; and
- be able to use your attendance towards the completion of your Continuing Competence Program (CCP).
Please note: The virtual portal will open in late May. Attendees will receive an email with login details once the virtual portal opens.
For more information on this year’s AMED, please visit the AMED conference platform or contact the College’s Communications Department at AMED@ocswssw.org.