May 5, 2022 (9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.)
- Governance consultants Harry Cayton and Deanna Williams, engaged by the College to conduct governance training and a governance review, presented their final report to Council.
- Council approved a motion to accept the governance report, release the report publicly and develop an action plan for Council’s consideration.
May 6, 2022 (9:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
- Mukesh Kowlessar, RSSW, President, provided his report to Council.
- Lise Betteridge, RSW, Registrar and CEO, and Denitha Breau, Deputy Registrar, presented their report to Council and provided updates related to the College’s Strategic Plan and operations. Their report included information on the following: the status of membership renewals for 2022; an overview of new member registrations; the College’s IT related initiatives; general staffing and recruitment update; the Professional Practice Department – including the increase in inquiries about conflicts of interest and the latest Practice Notes; the College’s communications initiatives – including the upcoming Annual Meeting and Education Day, the College’s public awareness campaign and the eventual implementation of entry-to-practice exams; the Fair Access to Regulated Professions and Compulsory Trades Act and what it means for the College; increasing diversity, equity and inclusion – including updates around the draft policy for the collection of race-based and other demographic data, and the College resources and materials related to DEI; the Complaints & Discipline Department and the increase in title protection matters.
- Council reviewed the Statement of Financial Position as of February 2022.
- Council reviewed the Statement of Operations as of February 2022.
- Council reviewed the 2021 Audited Financial Statements, as approved by the Executive Committee.
- Reports were received from the following statutory committees: Executive; Complaints; Discipline; Registration Appeals; and Fitness to Practise.
- Council reviewed and approved proposed revisions to the College’s registration policies regarding social service work equivalency.
- Council received an update regarding the review of the College’s Procurement Policy.
- Council received and discussed the report from the consultants who conducted Phase 1 of the review of the Standards of Practice, which was conducted with oversight from the Standards of Practice Committee.
- Council reviewed updates to the College’s Risk Register.
- Council reviewed and approved the Finance Committee’s recommendation that there be no increase to registration and membership fees in 2023.
- Reports were received from the following non-statutory committees: Standards of Practice; Election; Nominating; Finance; Governance; Corporations; and Titles and Designations.