As Registrar and CEO for the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (the College), I would like to provide you with a few updates:
REGISTRATION AND MEMBER FEES FOR 2023
During its meeting on Friday, May 6, College Council approved the recommendation of the Finance Committee that there be no increase to the registration and member fees in 2023. In making this decision, Council considered the College’s operating costs and resource needs and the ongoing impact of COVID-19.
Every year, the Council thoroughly examines the College’s financial situation, reviews cash flow projections and approves fees for the following year. This annual review ensures that the College responds to changes in the environment in a fiscally responsible and flexible manner, while ensuring its ongoing capacity to fulfill its public protection mandate.
ANNUAL MEETING AND EDUCATION DAY – REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
As you will have seen in a previous eBulletin, general registration for the College’s Annual Meeting and Education Day (AMED) is now open. This year’s AMED will be hosted entirely online on a virtual conference platform on Friday, June 10 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST.
What to expect
At AMED, you will have the opportunity to attend, as part of this virtual event:
- the College’s Annual Meeting;
- the keynote address on Indigenous mental wellness, presented by Dr. Carol Hopkins, O.C., MSW, RSW, LL.D (Hon); and
- educational sessions on a variety of topics relevant to the professions of social work and social service work that explore this year’s theme of Learning and Unlearning in a Changing Landscape.
You will also be able to connect with other College members and participate by asking questions and/or making comments during all sessions!
By registering for AMED, you will:
- have access to view sessions on-demand after the event to watch anything you might have missed or revisit sessions you find particularly valuable; and
- be able to use your attendance towards the completion of your Continuing Competence Program (CCP).
Please note: You will have the opportunity to log in to the virtual conference platform in early June to begin selecting the sessions you will be attending, as well as further personalize your profile.
We hope you will join us at this year’s virtual event!
Lise Betteridge, MSW, RSW
Registrar and CEO