To College members and other stakeholders:
I’d like to take this opportunity to provide you with information about the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers’ response to rapidly evolving developments related to COVID-19.
The College takes this matter very seriously. We are committed to ensuring a safe and secure environment for all our stakeholders. To this end, we have put in place a number of measures to protect our staff, Council and committee members, and visitors to the College offices. We anticipate that these measures, and developments associated with the spread of the virus, may impact the College’s overall operations and result in some service disruption.
Preventing the spread of COVID-19
You can do your part, as a professional and in your personal life, to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by:
- Frequently washing your hands by using alcohol-based hand sanitizers or soap and water;
- Cleaning your workstation and equipment with disinfectant wipes;
- Avoiding touching your eyes, mouth, or nose;
- Coughing or sneezing into your elbow rather than your hand;
- Monitoring your health and staying home and seeking medical attention (if required) in the event that you are ill (either with cold or flu symptoms, or with symptoms similar to those of COVID-19).
We all have a shared responsibility in the midst of this global pandemic.
For more information on COVID-19, please visit:
Future updates concerning COVID-19
The College will continue to monitor the situation closely and provide further updates as they become available. In the meantime, I encourage all stakeholders to visit the College’s website and Twitter account regularly for future updates concerning COVID-19.
Thank you for your understanding during this unprecedented time.
Lise Betteridge, MSW, RSW
Registrar and CEO