The Council is the 21-member governing body and board of directors that manages and administers College affairs. The policies developed by Council provide direction to the College and to staff.
March 10, 2017
- Council participated in an educational session presented by Debbie Tarshis from WeirFoulds, which covered transparency in the regulatory sector.
- Beatrice Traub-Werner, RSW, President, presented her report to Council.
- Lise Betteridge, RSW, Registrar, and Laura Sheehan, Deputy Registrar, presented their report to Council. The report provided updates on registration and membership; communications and social media; stakeholder outreach and member recruitment; the revised Continuing Competence Program (CCP); upcoming elections; the posting of the Registration Regulation; the database upgrade; and College operations.
- Council reviewed the Statement of Financial Position as of January 2017.
- Council reviewed the Statement of Operations as of January 2017.
- Council reviewed and approved draft Bylaw No. 100, which revokes Bylaw No. 44 (“Rules of Practice and Procedure of the Discipline Committee”).
- The Registrar provided an update on proclamation of the controlled act of psychotherapy.
- Reports were received from the following statutory committees: Executive; Complaints; Discipline; Registration Appeals; and Fitness to Practise.
- Council approved a motion to amend Bylaw No. 21 (“Statutory Committees”), Schedule 1.
- Reports were received from the following non-statutory committees: Standards of Practice; Election; Nominating; Finance; Governance; Corporations; and Titles and Designations.