The Council is the 21-member governing body and board of directors that manages and administers College affairs. The policies developed by Council provide direction to the College and to staff.
December 9, 2016
- Council welcomed new Council members, Amanda Bettencourt, RSSW, and Sue-Ellen Merritt, RSSW.
- Lise Betteridge, RSW, Registrar, and Laura Sheehan, Deputy Registrar, presented their report to Council. The report provided updates on registration and membership statistics; upcoming change to the format of the Perspective newsletter; the Educational Forums; the website and social media; employer outreach; Professional Practice; the Registration Regulation; the meeting of Canadian Social Work Registrars; and College operations, including staffing updates, the Complaints and Discipline satisfaction survey and the database upgrade.
- Council reviewed the Statement of Financial Position for October 2016.
- Council reviewed the Statement of Operations for October 2016.
- Council reviewed and approved proposed revisions to the Continuing Competence Program (CCP), which were developed by the Standards of Practice Committee following consideration of the CCP Evaluation Report. Council approved a motion to post the new CCP documents and Evaluation Report on the College website.
- Reports were received from the following statutory committees: Executive; Complaints; Discipline; Registration Appeals; and Fitness to Practise.
- The Registrar provided an update regarding the controlled act of psychotherapy.
- Council reviewed and approved five appointments to fill committee vacancies.
- Council reviewed and approved a proposed definition for the term “culture of diversity.”
- Reports were received from the following non-statutory committees: Standards of Practice; Election; Nominating; Finance; Governance; Corporations; and Titles and Designations.
- Council member Sharmaarke Abdullahi presented his professional development report on board member training provided by ASWB.