The Council is the 21-member governing body and board of directors that manages and administers College affairs. The policies developed by Council provide direction to the College and to staff.
September 8, 2016
- The following Council members were elected by Council to the Executive Committee:
- Beatrice Traub-Werner, RSW – President
- Greg Clarke, RSSW – Vice-President
- David Hodgson, Public Member – Vice-President
- Shelley Hale, RSSW – Executive Member
- Thomas Horn, RSW – Executive Member
- Déirdre Smith, Public Member – Executive Member
- Council reviewed a report from past President Bob Thompson, RSW.
- Council received training from Crowe Soberman LLP regarding financial reports and Council responsibilities.
September 9, 2016
- Council approved the recommendations of the Nominating Committee respecting the composition and chairmanship of statutory and non-statutory committees.
- Lise Betteridge, RSW, Registrar, and Laura Sheehan, Deputy Registrar, presented their report to Council. The report provided updates on registration and membership statistics; the 2015 Annual Report; the upcoming Educational Forums; public awareness and stakeholder outreach; the 2016-19 Strategic Plan; the database upgrade; staff changes; and College priorities.
- The Registrar announced the hiring of new Director of Professional Practice Christina Van Sickle, RSW.
- Council reviewed the Statement of Financial Position as of July 2016.
- Council reviewed the Statement of Operations for July 2016.
- Council reviewed and approved in principle the 2017 Budget and Workplan.
- Council reviewed and approved Bylaw 98, amending Bylaw 1.
- Council reviewed and approved Bylaw 99, amending Bylaw 2.
- The Registrar provided an update on Bill 119.
- Council reviewed and approved in principle a consensus document regarding the controlled act of psychotherapy.
- Council reviewed the evaluation results from the 2016 Annual Meeting and Education Day.
- Jim Dunsdon presented his Council Evaluation Report to Council.
- Reports were received from the following statutory committees: Executive; Complaints; Discipline; Registration Appeals; and Fitness to Practise.
- Council reviewed and approved a motion to create a plan for the development and implementation of a risk management strategy at the College.
- The Registrar provided an update on Council vacancies.
- Reports were received from the following non-statutory committees: Standards of Practice; Election; Nominating; Finance; Governance; Corporations; and Titles and Designations.