The Council is the 21-member governing body and board of directors that manages and administers College affairs. The policies developed by Council provide direction to the College and to staff.
- Bob Thompson, RSW, President, presented his report to Council. The report touched upon the College’s meetings with the Ontario Association of Social Workers (OASW) and the 2015 audit.
- Lise Betteridge, RSW, Registrar, and Laura Sheehan, Deputy Registrar, presented their report to Council, which highlighted ongoing College processes such as registration renewals, website updates and the upcoming database upgrade.
- Council reviewed the Statement of Financial Position as of January 2016.
- Council reviewed the Statement of Operations for January 2016.
- Council reviewed proposed amendments to the Registration Regulation regarding the elimination of the Provisional Class of Registration and the creation of a new Retired Class.
- Council reviewed proposed amendments to the Registration Regulation that would require registered members to obtain professional liability insurance and undergo a criminal background check. Neither of the proposed amendments was approved by Council.
- The Registrar gave an update regarding Bill 119, and in particular the College’s response to the provisions related to the provider registry for the shared Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Council reviewed and approved use of Decision Matrix and Decision Tree documents, so that Council decisions will always favour public protection over all other interests.
- Reports were received from the following statutory and non-statutory committees: Executive; Complaints; Discipline; Registration Appeals; Fitness to Practise; Standards of Practice; Election; Nominating; Finance; Governance; Corporations; and Titles and Designations.