The Council is the 21-member governing body and board of directors that manages and administers College affairs. The policies developed by Council provide direction to the College and to staff.
- Council reviewed the Statement of Financial Position as of March 2015, as well as the Statement of Operations for January to March 2015 and the memo regarding the Audited Financial Statements approved by the Executive Committee
- Council approved draft Bylaw No. 93, amending Bylaw No. 2 (Fees)
- Council approved draft Bylaw No. 94, amending Bylaw No. 66 (Standards of Practice)
- Council approved draft Bylaw No. 95, amending Bylaw No. 1 (psychotherapy services)
- Council discussed the proposed Complaint Form and Complaints Brochure, and approved draft amendments to Article 24, College Bylaw No. 1
- Council discussed the Council Evaluation Policy
- Council discussed the possibility of conducting a regulatory performance review; it was decided that Council may revisit this option as part of the strategic planning process
- After some discussion, Council decided to pursue amendments to the Registration Regulation which would create a retired social worker and retired social service worker category of membership
- Council approved amendments to the Language Proficiency Policy
- Council discussed and approved funding the Ontario Social Service Worker Educator Association Conference
- Reports were received from the following statutory and non-statutory committees: Complaints, Discipline, Fitness to Practise, Registration Appeals, Standards of Practice, Election, Nominating, Finance, Corporations, Titles and Designations, and Governance
- Council discussed and approved the Policy B-019 (Evaluation Policy)
- Council was updated on progress to date with respect to the task group on social work equivalency
- Council discussed the Professional Development Fund Pilot Project
- Professional development reports were shared by Judy Gardner, RSSW and Déirdre Smith, Public Member.