The Council is the 21-member governing body and board of directors that manages and administers College affairs. The policies developed by Council provide direction to the College and to staff.
- Council welcomed Brian “Darren” Madahbee, newly elected RSSW from electoral district 1
- Council received the President, Registrar and Deputy Registrar’s reports
- The Financial Statements as of September 30, 2014, as well as the Statement of Operations for September 2014 were approved by Council
- Council approved amendments to the Conflict of Interest policy, the Code of Conduct, and By-Law #92
- Council reviewed a discussion paper regarding an entry to practice exam. After careful review, Council decided to take no further action at this time, and review the matter in 2016
- Council discussed the Strategic Plan
- Council approved the Procurement policy
- Council approved the 2015 Budget and Workplan
- Council discussed and approved Policy B-010 – Description of Committee Chair Darren Madahbee, RSSW, was nominated to the Discipline Committee, the Fitness to Practise Committee, the Standards of Practise Committee and the Governance Committee for the remainder of the term
- Reports were received from the following statutory and non-statutory committees: Complaints, Discipline, Fitness to Practise, Registration Appeals, Standards of Practice, Election, Nominating, Finance, Governance, Corporations, and Titles and Designations
- Professional development reports were shared by Thomas Horn, RSW, David Hodgson, Public Member and Gary Cockman, RSSW
- Council received an overview presentation from the Executive Committee.