The Council is the 21-member governing body and board of directors that manages and administers College affairs. The policies developed by Council provide direction to the College and to staff.
- Council approved the 2014 Draft Budget and the Draft Compensation Model Policy
- Council received an update on the College premises expansion
- Council passed a motion regarding the appointment of auditors for the year ending December 31, 2013
- Council approved Draft By-Law 85, amending By-Law No. 1; Draft By-Law No. 86, amending By-Law No. 66; and Draft By-Law No. 87, amending By-Law No. 44
- Council received the Professional Development Reports submitted by Council members Bob Thompson, RSW and Linda Danson, RSW
- The Deputy Registrar presented the English General Public Video, part of the Public Awareness Campaign
- Council received an update regarding the enforcement of the title protection section of the legislation
- Council approved the Financial Statements as of October 2013
- The Deputy Registrar updated Council on the activities and accomplishments of the Membership, Communication and Professional Practice departments
- Reports were received from the following statutory and non-statutory committees: Complaints, Discipline, Fitness to Practise, Registration Appeals, Standards of Practice, Election, Nominating, Finance, Governance, Corporations, Titles and Designations, the Registration Policy task group and the Annual Meeting and Education Day task group.