The Council is the 21-member governing body and board of directors that manages and administers College affairs. The policies developed by Council provide direction to the College and to staff.
- The Registrar updated Council on the current activities of the Canadian Council of Social Work Regulators
- Rachel Birnbaum was approved as the reappointed representative to the Canadian Council of Social Work Regulators
- Council discussed and approved the new Council Member Orientation and Mentorship Program Policy
- Council reviewed the Ontario Association of Social Workers Event Sponsorship
- Council members Sophia Ruddock and Hendrik Van Dooren presented their Professional Development Report to Council
- Council discussed and approved the On-line Register Work plan
- Council amended and approved the Governance Policy B-001
- The Registrar reported to Council with information regarding membership, stakeholder relations and government relations
- The Deputy Registrar updated Council on the progress of the Professional Practice, Membership, Registration and Communications departments
- The Deputy Registrar updated Council on the public awareness campaign with Argyle Communications, including the printing of updated brochures and the receipt of the International Association of Business Communicators Award of Excellence for the College’s accomplished branding and communications work
- Reports were received from the following statutory and non-statutory committees: Complaints, Discipline, Fitness to Practise, Registration Appeals, Standards of Practice, Election, Nominating, Finance, Governance, Corporations, Titles and Designations, and the Annual Meeting and Education Day task group.