The Council is the 21-member governing body and board of directors that manages and administers College affairs. The policies developed by Council provide direction to the College and to staff.
- The Registrar updated Council on the activities of the Canadian Council of Social Work Regulators
- The Deputy Registrar updated Council on the public awareness campaign and the 2012 strategic communications next steps
- Council reviewed and approved the Good Governance Session Report brought forth by the Governance Committee
- The Registrar updated Council on the upcoming 2012 Strategic Planning Session
- Council reviewed the 2011 Audited Financial Statements and approved the Non-Profit Status memo
- Council approved the Ontario Association of Social Workers request for sponsorship for the 2012 OASW provincial conference
- The Registrar updated Council on the activities of the Registration department, stakeholder relations and the completion and submission of the annual Fair Registration Practices Report for both professions to the Office of the Fairness Commissioner.
- The Deputy Registrar updated Council on the activities and accomplishments of the Membership, Communication and Professional Practice departments.
- Reports were received from the following statutory and non-statutory committees: Complaints, Discipline, Fitness to Practise, Registration Appeals, Standards of Practice, Election, Nominating, Finance, Governance, Corporations, Titles and Designations, and the Annual Meeting and Education Day task group.