Welcome to the Online Register
The Register provides information on all registered social workers and registered social service workers in Ontario. In this easy-to-use tool, you will find information regarding a member’s registration status, discipline history, if any, and their employer contact information.
Why does the College have a Register?
The Social Work and Social Service Work Act, 1998 (the “Act”) requires that the College maintain a Register of members and that the Register be available to the public. The Register contains information required under the Act and the College’s bylaws. This is one of the ways that the College fulfills its mandate of public protection.
What information is available on the Register?
The Register includes the following information about social workers and social service workers in Ontario:
- Registration number
- Previous name(s) (if known to the College)
- Name of business or employer
- Business address
- Business phone number
- Class of certificate of registration
- Terms, conditions and limitations
- Notations (e.g. suspension, cancellation or revocation of a member’s certificate of registration)
- Other information in accordance with the College’s bylaws.
The Register also includes information about professional corporations.
The College has been made aware that persons may be making available publicly (including on websites) lists and other information initially obtained from the College (through requests for information from the College’s Register).
Please note that:
- The College is the only organization that is authorized by law to maintain a Register of Ontario registered social workers and Ontario registered social service workers.
- The College is the only organization that can provide current, accurate and reliable information from the College’s Register.
- The College’s Register information is time-sensitive in that information on the Register regarding a member or former member may change from time to time.
- No one should rely on lists and other information provided by a person other than the College which purports to be information from the College’s Register (because the information may not be accurate or current at the time it is provided by such person).
The Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW) is the regulatory body that governs social workers and social service workers in Ontario under the Social Work and Social Service Work Act, 1998, (the “Act”) regulations passed under the Act and College bylaws.
The Social Work and Social Service Work Act, 1998, has mandated that the OCSWSSW have a Register containing information required under that Act and the bylaws, and that the Register be available to the public. The purpose of the Register is to help the public identify that a person is a social worker or social service worker registered with the OCSWSSW, and determine the person’s registration status, discipline history, if any, and their employer contact information. This information is not designed nor is it intended to be used for any other purpose, including marketing or research.
The OCSWSSW endeavours to update its Register within a reasonable time period, however, there may be a delay when updating information. The contact information for each member is provided by the member and is not verified by the OCSWSSW. If you have difficulty in contacting one of our members, or in using the Register and/or finding information about a member, contact the Membership Department at 416-972-9882 or toll-free in Canada at 1-877-828-9380.
The OCSWSSW makes every effort to ensure that all of the information posted on the website is accurate and complete. However, OCSWSSW does not represent, warrant or guarantee that it is and accepts no liability or obligation relating thereto.
Important note: For optimal printing, please use either Chrome or Firefox internet browsers.