Graduates of Social Work Programs Outside Canada and the United States

If your social work academic credentials have been evaluated by The Canadian Association of Social Workers (CASW) as equivalent to a minimum of a bachelor of social work obtained from a social work program accredited by the Canadian Association for Social Work Education, you will likely meet the academic requirements for the issuance of a general certificate of registration for social work.

NOTE: If you have not already had your academic credentials in social work from a university outside Canada and the United States evaluated by CASW, you must do so. The CASW website provides the information you need to start the credential evaluation process of your international social work degree. Ensure that the CASW forwards confirmation of the outcome of the social work credential evaluation directly to the College. Applicants are responsible for any applicable fees associated with having their credentials assessed.

NOTE: If the CASW evaluation concludes that your academic credentials are not equivalent to at least a Canadian bachelor of social work degree, please go to Graduates of Non-Accredited Social Work Programs.

How to apply

Please ensure you first read all information related to the requirements for registration found on the Information for All Applicants webpage.

Applicants with an international social work academic credential that has been evaluated by CASW as equivalent to a Canadian bachelor of social work degree can apply through the College’s Online Portal.

Once you have submitted your application, the College will contact you if more information regarding your application is required. Once the College has all your documents, it typically takes four to six weeks to process your application. The process may take longer if the College requires more information. Documents submitted to the College become property of the College.

If you have questions about the application process, please contact the Registration Department at