Chair: Charlene Crews, RSSW
The Finance Committee makes recommendations to Council on matters related to the College’s financial planning, financial management and asset management, including:
- The annual operating budget.
- Internal financial controls.
- Financial policies and fiscal plans.
- Policies for the investment of funds.
- The Committee reviewed the College’s financial statements and the statements of the College’s current financial portfolio.
- The Committee reviewed and approved the College’s Procurement and Credit Card Policies.
- At the recommendation of the Committee, the College’s auditor provided an orientation to Council on the College’s finances and Council’s fiduciary responsibilities at the September 2021 Council meeting.
- The Committee directed the process for the development of the 2022 annual budget and work plan, considered cash flow projections and recommended that there be no increase in registration and membership fees for 2022.
- The Chair of the Finance Committee presented the 2022 draft budget and work plan to Council; both were approved at the December 2021 Council meeting.