Chair: Mukesh Kowlessar, RSSW
The mandate of the Election Committee is to:
- Set the date for each election.
- Determine the procedures to be followed in carrying out an election and a recount procedure which are not specified in the bylaws.
- Determine disputes as to whether a registrant is eligible to nominate a candidate to stand for election or to vote.
- Determine if questionable ballots and/or envelopes are acceptable.
- Carry out the functions set out in the bylaws.
- An election was conducted for social workers and social service workers in Electoral Districts Nos. 1, 2 and 5 on May 26, 2022. A call for nominations was sent to over 8,600 eligible voters.
- All registrants were elected to three-year terms beginning September 2022 and ending the first Council meeting after the next election in Electoral District No. 2, scheduled for May 2025.
- The election process was available online, including the call for nominations and the voting process.
- Three podcasts were launched with a new interactive interview format featuring previously elected members of Council.
- The following registrants were elected by acclamation:
- In Electoral District No. 2 – Christopher McIntosh, RSW
- In Electoral District No. 5 – Mukesh Kowlessar, RSSW
- The following candidates received the greatest number of votes:
- In Electoral District No. 1 – Marinna Read, RSW, and Amanda Olson, RSSW
- In Electoral District No. 5 – Candice Snake, RSW
- The College accepted a resignation from the elected social service worker for Electoral District No. 2, which created a vacancy on Council. Bylaw No. 36 required the College to identify social service work registrants from District No. 2 willing to serve on Council for the remainder of the term. The current elected members of the Council voted to elect Sandra Sidsworth, RSSW, to fill the vacancy.