Chair: Mukesh Kowlessar, RSSW
The mandate of the Election Committee is to:
- Set the date for each election.
- Determine the procedures to be followed in carrying out an election and a recount procedure which are not specified in the bylaws.
- Determine disputes as to whether a member is eligible to nominate a candidate to stand for election or to vote.
- Determine if questionable ballots and/or envelopes are acceptable.
- Carry out the functions set out in the bylaws.
- The Election Committee reviewed election documents, questionable nominations and ballots, and filled two social work vacancies in Electoral District No. 3 and Electoral District No. 2.
- An election was conducted for social workers and social service workers in Electoral District No. 4 on May 27, 2021; the election process was available online, including the call for nominations and the voting process.
- The Committee congratulated Elayne Tanner, RSW, Sanjay Govindaraj, RSW, Amanda Bettencourt, RSSW, and Sue-Ellen Merritt, RSSW, who were elected to three-year terms beginning September 2021.