Important Notice: Re-Vote for Council Elections in Electoral District No. 4

The Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (the College) has an important update regarding the recent Council elections of two registered social workers in Electoral District No. 4.

Why a re-vote?

The Elections Committee considered a request for a recount and, to ensure fairness and transparency, has decided to conduct a re-vote for the Council elections social worker positions in Electoral District 4. The re-vote will begin on Monday, July 8, 2024

What areas make up Electoral District No. 4?

Electoral District No. 4 is composed of the geographic area within the territorial boundaries of the Regional Municipalities of Halton, Hamilton-Wentworth, Niagara, Waterloo and Haldimand-Norfolk, the Counties of Dufferin and Wellington and the County of Brant. 

How is my electoral district determined?

According to College Bylaw 36, the electoral district is determined first by the registrant’s place of practice, in other words your place of employment. If that information is unavailable to the College or none exists, then the registrant’s electoral district is based on the principal address at which the registrant resides (i.e. where they live). 

We encourage you to review your College online profile to ensure your place of practice and/or home address is up to date. This will ensure you are emailed a ballot to cast your vote.

Your participation matters!

Your vote is crucial in electing two registered social workers to the College’s Council. Voting runs until Tuesday, August 6, 2024. The elected candidates will begin their 3-year term in September. Make your voice heard!

When voting begins, you will receive an email from BigPulse, a third-party online election vendor contracted by the College. To ensure that you exercise your right to vote, please check both your inbox and spam/junk folders for an email from on July 8, 2024. You may also want to add to your Safe Senders list in your email settings.

If you have any questions, please contact the College at