In addition to a short College Update from Registrar and CEO Denitha Breau, RN, MSN, MBA, the Forum included a panel discussion entitled Supporting Clients with Care and Competence Through Intimate Partner Violence, facilitated by the College’s Director of Professional Practice, Christina Van Sickle, MSW, RSW. The expert panel explored intimate partner violence and ways in which registrants can support their clients through competent and ethical care. The panel session highlighted key strategies for social workers and social service workers in supporting clients who have experienced or are experiencing intimate partner violence.
The panelists represented a variety of perspectives and practice areas, offering clinical, community-focused and system-based approaches and included:
- Karishma Firdausi, Policy Analyst, Information and Privacy Commissioner
- Kathryn Greis, JD, LLM, Senior Health Policy Advisor, Information and Privacy Commissioner
- Marilyn Pajunen, Branch Manager, Ontario Native Women’s Association
- Bernice Reszitnyk MSW, RSW, Counsellor
- Durel Williams, MSW, RSW, Private Practitioner
College registrants can also use viewing this recording towards the completion of their 2024 Continuing Competence Program (CCP).
For more information on the Educational Forum, please contact the College’s Communications Department at email@example.com.