On Thursday, May 27, 2021, the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (the College) will hold an election for registered social workers and registered social service workers in Electoral District No. 4.
The College invites all members eligible to vote in Electoral District No. 4 to put their names forward as candidates for election to the College Council.
The due date for receipt of completed and signed nomination forms is 5 p.m. (EST) on Friday, February 26, 2021.
Candidates can submit their forms either by:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or by
- Fax to 416-972-1512, Attn: Pat Lieberman; or by
- Mail to OCSWSSW, 250 Bloor Street E, Suite 1000, Toronto, ON M4W 1E6
The College urges you to consider this exciting opportunity. Council consists of seven elected social work members, seven elected social service work members and seven public members appointed by the Government of Ontario.
What do Council members do?
- Develop policies to regulate the practice of social work and social service work that reflect the College’s primary duty to serve and protect the public interest.
- Govern and manage the affairs of the College.
- Attend approximately four Council meetings annually and sit on at least one statutory committee.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact a member of the 2021 Election Committee to discuss their experience on Council or contact Pat Lieberman, Manager, Human Resources and Council Relations at email@example.com.
The elected members of the Election Committee are:
How to apply
Call for Nominations Package
To stand for election, eligible candidates must review the following in the Call for Nominations Package:
- Notice of Election of Members to Council in Electoral District No. 4
- Information Regarding Nominations and Eligibility for Candidates
- Guidelines for Completion of Candidate’s Acknowledgment Form, Candidate’s Biographical Summary Form and Candidate’s Statement
The Three R’s of Serving on Council: Roles, Responsibilities and Requirements
Completion of this training, which consists of a video series, is now mandatory for members of the College who wish to stand for election to Council. Candidates are obligated by College bylaw to take this course in order to run for election.
You must complete a quiz following review of the video series. Once you’ve successfully completed the quiz, you will receive a Certificate of completion that you must then submit to the College as part of your Call for Nominations Package.
After carefully reviewing the documents listed above and successfully completing the quiz at the end of the video series, please complete the nomination forms and submit them to the College by 5 p.m. (EST) on Friday, February 26, 2021.