Electoral District No. 3
- Elects two social work councillors and two social service work councillors
- Composed of the geographic area within the territorial boundaries of the Counties of Haliburton, Victoria, Peterborough, Northumberland and Simcoe, the Regional Municipalities of Durham, York and Peel and the City of Toronto.
Call for Nominations for 2020 Election
The College invites all members eligible to vote in Electoral District No. 3 to put their names forward as candidates for election to the College Council.
NEW THIS YEAR
The Three R’s of Serving on Council: Roles, Responsibilities and Requirements
Completion of required training is now a mandatory requirement for members of the College who wish to stand for election to Council. Candidates are required by College bylaw to take this course in order to stand for election.
To access the five-part online video series The Three R’s of Serving on Council: Roles, Responsibilities and Requirements and the Candidate Quiz: Serving on Council, please click here.
Call for Nominations Package
To stand for election, eligible candidates must review the following in the Call for Nominations Package:
- Notice of Election of Members to Council in Electoral District No. 3
- Information Regarding Nominations and Eligibility for Candidates
- Guidelines for Completion of Candidate’s Acknowledgment Form, Candidate’s Biographical Summary Form and Candidate’s Statement
After carefully reviewing the documents listed above and successfully completing the quiz at the end of the video series, complete the nomination forms and submit them to the College by 5 p.m. (EST) on Friday, February 28, 2020.
To access the Call for Nominations Package, please click here.
If you send your forms electronically you will receive a confirmation from the College upon receipt of the nomination forms.
Voting will be primarily conducted online. The voting system is designed to be secure and to protect the confidentiality of members’ votes. It is one that has been used successfully by other Ontario regulatory colleges. This online election process improves efficiency and reduces paper, printing and mailing costs associated with the election.
Members will be able to vote on April 28, 2020.
If you have further questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.