As a member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers, you must pay your annual membership fee by December 31. Keeping your membership current is important. It demonstrates your commitment to professional, ethical, qualified and accountable practice. It says something important about the professions of social work and social service work as a whole, and also about you as an individual practitioner.
Members can now renew their membership and pay their annual fee through the College’s online member services. The deadline to complete your membership renewal and payment for the year 2020 is December 31, 2019. Payment methods accepted include credit card (VISA or Master Card only), cheque, money order, or bank draft. Please note, Visa debit cards are not accepted and E-transfer payments are not available.
Members can renew their membership and pay their annual fee through the College’s online member services
Renew your membership online
To renew your membership online, follow these easy steps:
- Login using your User ID (your OCSWSSW registration number) and your password.
- Go to “My Profile” to confirm that your personal information is accurate and up to date.
- Click on the “Renewals” link on the top left-hand side of your screen and select “2020 renewal” to complete the annual renewal of registration form and payment.
For more information regarding your membership renewal, please refer to the Guide for Online Services.
Tax receipts and member cards available online
The College would like to remind members that tax receipts and member cards are available online following payment of the annual renewal fee.
To access your tax receipt and member card, please follow the steps below:
- Login to your Online Member Services.
- Click “Renewal Receipts” from the menu.
- From the Membership Renewal History grid, click on the “Membership card and tax receipt” of the selected Membership Year to open a PDF file that you can print, save or send by email.
2020 College fees
The 2020 annual fees are as follows:
Annual fee for a general class certificate of registration $360
Registration fee for new members in the general class $360 + $100 application fee
of certificate of registration
New graduate registration fee* $260 + $100 application fee
Inactive class of certificate of registration $180
Retired class of certificate of registration $50
*New graduates are eligible for a $100 membership fee exemption for the first two years of membership if they apply for registration no later than December 31 of the year they obtain their degree or diploma.
For more information on the College’s 2020 annual fees, visit the following link.
Note: Members who are planning to retire or are considering the retired class of certificate of registration can learn more here.
Remember: Only professionals registered with the College are allowed to use the titles “social worker,” “registered social worker,” “social service worker” or “registered social service worker.”
Questions about the annual fees can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-972-9882 or 1-877-828-9380 (toll free):
- Paul Cucci, Membership Manager, ext. 202.
- Anne Vezina, Membership Administrator (bilingual), ext. 211.