The following is a list of universities in Ontario that have social work programs. Please verify that your BSW or MSW is accredited by the Canadian Association for Social Work Education (CASWE), by visiting the CASWE website.
Please note that graduates of social work programs that are currently in candidacy with CASWE must complete a separate application, found here.
List of universities in Ontario that have social work programs
- Algoma University
- Carleton University
- Lakehead University
- Laurentian University – School of Social Work
- Laurentian University – School of Indigenous Relations
- McMaster University
- Ryerson University
- University of Ottawa
- University of Toronto
- University of Waterloo – Renison University College
- University of Western Ontario – King’s College
- University of Windsor
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- York University
Note: This list is not intended to be a list of current programs. To confirm if a program is still being offered, please refer to the academic institution’s website.
In addition to the above Ontario social work degree programs, graduates who have obtained the following social work academic credentials will generally meet the education requirement for registration as a social worker with the College:
- A degree in social work from a social work program offered in Canada and accredited by the Canadian Association for Social Work Education (CASWE) OR a degree from a social work program offered in Canada and approved by Council as equivalent; or
- A degree from a social work program or equivalent program offered at a college or university in the United States and accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE); or
- An evaluation by the Canadian Association of Social Workers (CASW) of your social work program which was completed in a country other than Canada or the United States, and wherein the CASW evaluated the program as equivalent to at least a Canadian BSW.