If you obtained your degree in social work from a social work program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), you will likely meet the academic requirements for the issuance of a general certificate of registration for social work.

Visit the CSWE website to find out if your social work program is accredited.

If your social work degree is not accredited by CSWE, please go to Graduates of Non-Accredited Canadian and American Social Work Programs.

How to Apply

  1. Information for All Applicants
    Before downloading the appropriate registration guide, application form and supplemental form, if applicable, please ensure you read the important information (including citizenship, language proficiency and translation requirements) found on the Information for All Applicants page.
  2. Transcripts
    Arrange for your university to forward an official transcript with the institution’s seal and signature of the Registrar directly to the College. Please note the following:
    a. The document must contain your name as it appears on the application form and the name under which you were issued your degree in social work. If the name used on the application form is different from the name on the academic verification, please explain.
    b. The College accepts only original documents directly from the academic institution. Fax, email attachments, your own transcripts or photocopies of your academic qualifications are not accepted and will delay the application process.
  3. Fees
    The registration fee and non-refundable application fee must be enclosed with each application. Click here for more information about the fees.

Mail your completed application form, any other documents you submit yourself, and the full fees to the College. Remember, a photocopy of the application or sending the application by fax or email will not be accepted. The review process will only begin after the College has received all your documents and fees. The College will contact you if more information is required. Once the College has all your documents, it typically takes four to six weeks to process your application. The process may take longer if the College requires more information. Documents submitted to the College become property of the College.

Download the following forms if applicable for a general certificate of registration in social work:

*Before completing the application form, please read the registration guide for further requirements.

If you have questions about the application process, you may contact the College at 416-972-9882 or toll free 1-877-828-9380 or email Registration.