From time to time, the College posts links to research projects which may be of interest to members. Members may wish to consider these opportunities as part of their Continuing Competence Program (CCP).
In order to be included on this page, research must:
- Be directly related to social work and/or social service work practice and/or regulation.
- Contribute to ethical and professional practice.
- Relate directly or indirectly to the mandate of the College.
- Build upon the knowledge base of the social work and/or social service work professions.
- Have received ethics board approval.
- Be conducted under the auspices of an employer, an accredited university or other organization satisfactory to the Registrar.
Disclaimer: The College provides these links only as a convenience. The College does not sponsor or endorse, and is not affiliated or associated with any of the research related to these links. See the College’s Terms and Conditions for more information. The Registrar may, in the Registrar’s sole discretion, deny a request to post a research link.
Current research opportunities
Research study: Exploring compassion in social work
Researchers: Gissele Damiani-Taraba, MSc., MSW; Dr. Danielle Law, and Dr. Nancy Freymond, Wilfrid Laurier University, Ontario, Canada
Description: We are requesting the completion of an online survey in order to assist in the development of compassion based training tailored to social workers. By completing this survey, you will assist the field in understanding the barriers and facilitators to receiving and giving compassion in different systems including child protection. Please take 15 to 20 minutes to complete this much needed anonymous survey. This study has been approved by the Wilfrid Laurier University Research Ethics Board (REB): #6825
End date: August 31st 2021.
If you have a question regarding one or more of the above research opportunities, please contact the appropriate researcher(s). If you are a researcher and would like to post your project on this webpage, please contact the College’s Director of Professional Practice, Christina Van Sickle, RSW, at firstname.lastname@example.org.