From time to time, the College posts links to research projects which may be of interest to members. Members may wish to consider these opportunities as part of their Continuing Competence Program (CCP).
In order to be included on this page, research must:
- Be directly related to social work and/or social service work practice and/or regulation.
- Contribute to ethical and professional practice.
- Relate directly or indirectly to the mandate of the College.
- Build upon the knowledge base of the social work and/or social service work professions.
- Have received ethics board approval.
- Be conducted under the auspices of an employer, an accredited university or other organization satisfactory to the Registrar.
Disclaimer: The College provides these links only as a convenience. The College does not sponsor or endorse, and is not affiliated or associated with any of the research related to these links. See the College’s Terms and Conditions for more information. The Registrar may, in the Registrar’s sole discretion, deny a request to post a research link.
Current Research Opportunities
Research Study: An Exploration of Wellbeing, Distress, and Relationships in the Social Services
Researcher: Miya Draga, MA, PhD Candidate – University of Toronto
Description: This study hopes to better understand the ways that social workers in Ontario manage their wellbeing and work-related distress, and the ways that they navigate relationships with their clients. If you are a current or past social worker (RSW) in Ontario, and have experience working with clients in a front-line or face-to-face capacity, then you are invited to participate in a confidential and anonymous online survey as part of a thesis research study. The survey can take as little as 10 minutes, and participants will have the option of entering a draw to win one of four $50 gift cards to Indigo.ca (Chapters): https://bit.ly/3q606bC
End Date: August 31, 2022
If you have a question regarding one or more of the above research opportunities, please contact the appropriate researcher(s). If you are a researcher and would like to post your project on this webpage, please contact the College’s Director of Professional Practice, Christina Van Sickle, RSW, at email@example.com.