Internationally Educated Applicants

If you would like more information about the social work and social service work professions in Ontario, please visit the About Social Work and About Social Service Work pages.

Career Map for Social Work and Social Service Work

With the Ontario government’s commitment to facilitating the entry of internationally educated professionals into the workforce, the Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration’s Labour Market Integration Unit has developed career maps for many regulated professions. Career Maps provide individuals with information that will help them navigate the Ontario/Canadian employment system and assist them once they arrive in Canada.

The College, in conjunction with the Ministry, developed a career map for the professions of social work and social service work. The document provides detailed information regarding the two professions, the mandate of the College and the requirements for internationally educated professionals to register with the College.

Choosing an Application Stream

If you are internationally educated (outside Canada and the United States) and would like to register with the College, please read the following information. Depending on your academic qualifications, you may then make the appropriate selection for an application form, registration guide, and, if applicable, a supplemental form.

Register as a Social Worker

Register as a Social Service Worker