Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada can practise social work or social service work in Ontario, unless authorized under Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. If you are uncertain as to whether you currently meet this requirement, please call the College to discuss.

Immigration and Refugee Protection Act

If you are authorized to practise social work or social service work under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, you must submit a copy of your valid work permit issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada with your application form.

After a review of your work permit, if the Registrar is satisfied that the other requirements for registration have been met, you may be asked to sign an Undertaking, Agreement and Acknowledgement (UAA) before a certificate of registration is issued to you. By signing the UAA, you undertake and agree that you will comply with the conditions imposed on your work permit and will notify the College about any changes or updates to your work permit.