ELECTION DATE POSTPONED TO JULY 23, 2020
In response to the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the College has postponed the date of the election for both of the membership categories of social work and social service work to July 23, 2020.
Though the College has resumed many regulatory operations remotely, our physical office remains closed and we are not in a position to hold the election as previously scheduled. The postponement of the election date will enable the College to:
- complete essential operational tasks associated with the election; and
- ensure a fair, transparent and accurate election process.
Geographical area for Electoral District No. 3
The College’s Electoral District No. 3 is composed of the geographic area within the territorial boundaries of the Counties of Haliburton, Victoria, Peterborough, Northumberland and Simcoe; the Regional Municipalities of Durham, York and Peel; and the City of Toronto.
Candidates running for election to Council in Electoral District No. 3 have now been confirmed and more information will be available on the College’s elections webpage at a later date.
The Council is the 21-member governing body and board of directors that manages and administers the College’s affairs. Council oversees the policy direction of the College as it fulfills its mandate to protect the public interest. This includes:
- Developing policies to regulate the practice of social work and social service work that reflect the College’s primary duty to serve and protect the public interest.
- Governing and managing the affairs of the College.
- Attending approximately four Council meetings annually and sitting on at least one statutory committee.
For more information regarding elections, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.