From time to time, the College posts links to research projects which may be of interest to members. Members may wish to consider these opportunities as part of their Continuing Competence Program (CCP).
In order to be included on this page, research must:
- Be directly related to social work and/or social service work practice and/or regulation.
- Contribute to ethical and professional practice.
- Relate directly or indirectly to the mandate of the College.
- Build upon the knowledge base of the social work and/or social service work professions.
- Have received ethics board approval.
- Be conducted under the auspices of an employer, an accredited university or other organization satisfactory to the Registrar.
Disclaimer: The College provides these links only as a convenience. The College does not sponsor or endorse, and is not affiliated or associated with any of the research related to these links. See the College’s Terms and Conditions for more information. The Registrar may, in the Registrar’s sole discretion, deny a request to post a research link.
Current research opportunities:
Research Study: An Exploration of Student Incivility in Social Work Education
Researcher: Dr. Tanya Shute and Dr. Jan Yorke, Laurentian University
Description: An Exploration of Student Incivility in Social Work Education (Dr. Tanya Shute and Dr. Jan Yorke, Laurentian University) is a mixed methods study exploring educators’ experiences of challenging student behaviour in social work and social services worker programs, from disruptive behaviour to aggression, harassment, and violence.
End Date: January 2020
To learn more about this study or to participate, please click here.
If you have a question regarding one or more of the above research opportunities, please contact the appropriate researcher(s). If you are a researcher and would like to post your project on this webpage, please contact the College’s Director of Professional Practice, Christina Van Sickle, RSW, at email@example.com.