The College’s complaints process is designed to protect the public by assessing and responding to concerns and complaints about the conduct of College members.

The complaints process is intended for members of the public who wish to make a complaint about the conduct of a social worker or social service worker. If you are an employer, third-party service provider or health professional, consult the section on filing a mandatory report.

Before filing a complaint
Before filing a formal complaint to the College about social work or social service work services, you may wish to discuss your concerns directly with the social worker/social service worker or the employer. This can often be the best and fastest way of resolving your concerns.

If your concerns still cannot be addressed, you may wish to consider filing a complaint and are encouraged to review the following:

Although every effort has been made to ensure that the information is accurate and current, it is not intended to be an exhaustive summary of the complaints process. For comprehensive information about the College’s complaints process, please consult the Act, the professional misconduct regulation and relevant College bylaws.

How to file a complaint
In order for a complaint to be assessed, it must be submitted to the College using the Complaint Form.

Please Note: The OCSWSSW Complaint Form is a fillable document. Should you wish to fill the form online, you must first download it to your computer. You must then fill out the information on the form, print a copy and sign the form before mailing, faxing or emailing it to the College.