Role of Council members
Council members provide direction to the College and its staff in fulfilling its mandate to protect the public interest. This includes:
- Developing policies to regulate the practice of social work and social service work which reflect the College’s public protection mandate.
- Governing and managing the affairs of the College.
- Attending and participating in Council meetings and statutory committees.
Electoral District No. 1
The following members of the College are the candidates who received the highest number of votes in Electoral District No. 1:
- Social Service Worker: Angèle Désormeau
- Social Worker: Lisa Seburn
Electoral District No. 2
The following members of the College are the candidates who received the highest number of votes in Electoral District No. 2:
- Social Service Worker: Shelley Hale
- Social Worker: Kenta Asakura
Electoral District No. 5
The following member of the College is the candidate who received the highest number of votes in Electoral District No. 5:
- Social Worker: Frances Keogh
The following member of the College was elected by acclamation in Electoral District No. 5:
- Social Service Worker: Mukesh Kowlessar
The College thanks all members who stood for election and congratulates those members who received the greatest number of votes in each membership category.
If you have any questions regarding College elections, contact Pat Lieberman at 416-972-9882 ext. 207 or toll free 1-877-828-9380 ext. 207 or email at email@example.com.
About the College
The Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW) is the regulatory body for social workers and social service workers in Ontario. Its mandate is to serve and protect the public interest and govern its members.