On Thursday, May 31, 2018, the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (the “College”) will hold an election for social work members and social service work members in Electoral District No. 4. The College invites all members eligible to vote in Electoral District No. 4 to put their names forward as candidates for election to the College Council.
To determine if you are a member in District No. 4, click here.
What Do Council Members Do?
- Develop policies to regulate the practice of social work and social service work which reflect the College’s primary duty to serve and protect the public interest.
- Govern and manage the affairs of the College.
- Attend approximately four Council meetings annually and sit on at least one statutory committee.
We encourage you to become involved with the College Council.
Click here to listen to a podcast of a Council Member talking about their experience on Council.
Any member of the Election Committee would be happy to discuss their experience on Council with you should you have any questions. The members of the Election Committee are:
Lily Oddie, Chair, Public Member
Mukesh Kowlessar, RSSW, firstname.lastname@example.org
Angèle Desormeau, RSSW, Angele.Desormeau@scasinc.ca
Lisa Seburn, RSW, email@example.com
Toula Kourgiantakis, RSW, firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
To stand for election, eligible candidates must review and submit the following forms to the College Registrar. They must be received by the College no later than 5 p.m. (EST) on Friday, March 2nd, 2018. Each of the forms can be accessed by clicking on the form.
- Notice of Election to Members in Electoral District No. 4 (for candidate’s review)
- Information Regarding Nominations and Eligibility for Candidates (for candidate’s review)
- Guidelines for Completion of Candidate’s Acknowledgment, Candidate’s Biographical Summary Form and Candidate’s Statement (for candidate’s review)
- Nomination Form (to be completed and submitted by the candidate)
- Certificate of Validation (to be completed and submitted by the candidate)
- Undertaking to Resign (where applicable, to be completed and submitted by the candidate)
- Candidate’s Biographical Summary Form (to be completed and submitted by the candidate)
- Candidate’s Statement (to be completed and submitted by the candidate)
- Candidate’s Acknowledgment (to be completed and submitted by the candidate)
The College invites eligible candidates to complete and sign all of the Nomination documents described above (Items 4 to 9 inclusive) and submit them to the College either by:
- Email to email@example.com; or by
- Fax to 416-972-1512 Attn: Pat Lieberman; or by
- Mail to OCSWSSW, 250 Bloor Street East, Suite 1000, Toronto, ON M4W 1E6.
They must be received by the College no later than 5 p.m. (EST) on Friday, March 2, 2018.
The voting system is designed to be secure and to protect the confidentiality of members’ votes. It is one that has been used successfully by other Ontario regulatory colleges. An online election process will improve efficiency and reduce the paper, printing and mailing costs associated with the election.
If you have questions, please contact Pat Lieberman at 416-972-9882 x 207 or toll free 1-877-828-9380 x 207 or firstname.lastname@example.org.