The Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers is pleased to announce the launch of an exciting new campaign to inform employers of the many benefits of hiring registered social workers and registered social service workers.
Your employer saw the value in hiring you, and all that you bring as a registered member of the College. We don’t want employers to miss out on any of the value that registered social workers and registered social service workers bring to their organization.
“Don’t miss out” is the theme of our employer campaign, and our message to employers is simple: a quick check on our website before they hire will tell them whether their candidate is registered. If the candidate’s name is missing from our Register, employers are missing out.
The campaign officially launched today with online advertising and a new Employers section of our website. The College will roll out the following initiatives in the coming months:
- Employer Communiqué
- Direct mail items
- Interactive “Take the College Knowledge Quiz”
Leverage the campaign and share with your employers!
The College encourages members to take advantage of this campaign and share with their employers!
Let your employer know that as a registered social worker or registered social service worker, you:
- Have met specific entry-to-practice requirements.
- Are bound by a code of ethics and standards of practice.
- Engage in ongoing learning through the College’s Continuing Competence Program.
- Are accountable through the College’s complaints and discipline processes.
An employer’s decision to hire a registered College member also demonstrates their commitment to delivering professional, ethical, qualified and accountable care and services to the clients they serve.
For more information about the employer campaign, contact the Communications Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 416-972-9882 or 1-877-828-9380 (toll free).
- Sarah Choudhury, Communications Manager, ext. 430
- John Gilson, Communications Officer, ext. 420