The Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW) is pleased to announce the election of Shelley Hale, RSSW, who was elected President at a Council meeting on September 7, 2017.
Shelley (District No. 2) was first elected to Council in 2001. She has previously served on the College’s Registration Appeals, Discipline, Standards of Practice, Titles and Designations, Election, Fitness to Practise, and Nominating Committees. She has served as Chair on the Standards of Practice Committee for seven years.
“I am looking forward to this new leadership role on College Council,” says Shelley. “It’s an honour to serve as President and to work alongside my fellow Council members and the OCSWSSW staff as we continue to fulfill the important mandate of protecting the public interest.”
Shelley succeeds Beatrice Traub-Werner, RSW, who has now completed her final term on Council.
The College would also like to welcome the newly elected Executive Committee members of Council for 2017/18:
- Shelley Hale, RSSW – President
- Thomas Horn, RSW – Vice-President
- Déirdre Smith, Public Member – Vice-President
- Judy Gardner, RSSW – Executive Member
- David Hodgson, Public Member – Executive Member
- Lisa Seburn, RSW – Executive Member
- Developing policies to regulate the practice of social work and social service work which reflect the College’s public protection mandate.
- Governing and managing the affairs of the College.
- Attending and participating in Council meetings and statutory committees.