This year’s Annual Meeting and Education Day (AMED) was a great success with almost 600 participants joining us either in Toronto or online via live webcast! For those members who were unable to join live, videos, presentations and webcasts from AMED 2017 can now be viewed on the College website.
Visit the College website to view the following from AMED 2017:
- Annual Meeting
- Keynote Address from Dr. Peter Menzies, MSW, RSW
- Educational Sessions
We also encourage you to visit the #AMED2017 Twitter feed for coverage of the event.
A special note of thanks
This year’s AMED was a success, due in no small part to the work and support of presenters, staff and attendees.
In particular, we would like to thank the following people:
- Keynote speaker Dr. Peter Menzies, RSW, who drew on his experience working with First Nations communities, and highlighted the history – and future – of the professions, social justice and social change.
- Our afternoon presenters Dr. Lea Tufford; Roxanne Ramjattan, RSW; Dr. Ellen Katz, RSW; Natalie Zlodre, RSW; Dr. David Burnes, RSW; Todd Minerson; Dr. Steven Solomon, RSW; Christina Van Sickle, RSW; and Jennifer Burt-Yanoff, RSW. Your educational sessions taught us what it means to be professional, ethical, qualified and accountable.
- Council members who were part of the AMED Planning Group.
- College staff, management and volunteers for all your hard work.
- And – of course – our members and AMED 2017 attendees, who brought energy and breathed life into the event.
We want your feedback for next year
Do you know a social service worker or social worker who you would like to see present at next year’s AMED? We’re interested in hearing your feedback!
Send your AMED 2018 speaker suggestions, as well as other AMED questions and comments, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the College
The Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW) is the regulatory body for social workers and social service workers in Ontario. Its mandate is to serve and protect the public interest and govern its members.